JUNIOR WATER POLO LEAGUE
Click Here to sign up/ register
League Commissioner= Bahram Hojreh ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base Pool ( 11200 Lexington Drive, Los Alamitos, CA 90720 )
each participant must be at least water safe ( prior formal swim training/lessons is favored)
athletes should be confortable with basic crawl stroke techniques, able to float on their back, be able to tread.stay a float in stationary position for a minimum of 10-15 seconds at a time and be able to swim 12 yards straight at a time without stopping.
all kids need to have a positive attitude with coaches, lifeguards, teammates, opponents and other participants
Age Groups/Divisions/Skill Level:
Generally for kids 1st grade through 8th/9th grade
A Division ( for Older and/or more experienced players)
B Division ( for more experienced younger players, or less experienced older players)
C Division ( for younger less experienced players )
If there are not enough players per team/teams per divisions to make a quality league/division, then those players will be moved to another division compatible with age and skills level.
Weekends where we have available pool time & there are no conflicts
Fridays ( between 630pm-830pm), Saturdays or Sundays ( between 130pm-5pm)
Players can practice/warm-up 30-45 minutes before your game time
will try to stay away from days that conflict with normal Los AL club team functions/games/tournaments so that summer junior league members will have enough teammates for each game
Schedule will be sent out by about a week before first games of the season, Draft / team make up/player selection done by about a week before league play, Deadline to enter a season in the league is usually about a week and a half before leageu play, however new players in the middle of a season can still be accepted.
- $30 for August Season for current full time Los Al club athlete
- $50 for August Season for any player not fully registered as a Los AL club seasonal athlete
Proof of insurance liability through only a water polo governing body or carier is needed & is mandatory before participation
- click here for USA Water Polo membership, this is traditional insurance, our club ID # is 15680 and you need this for registration purposes.
- click here for American Water Polo membership, this is an alternative insurance choice with possible cheaper fees, use "Los Alamitos or LOS AL" as it will ask you for club name through registration purposes.
- To have fun, low stress, high development and experimentation
- very affordable
- 5 on 5 ( 4 field players and a goalie in at all times ) substitutes come in from team bench area
- short season
- shorter courses per division & skill level and possible smaller goals
- parent volunteers are mandatory ( coaching, referee, set up/clean up, score/timing/stats, snacks, managers)
- easier rules to understand ( no 2 meter line, no 5 meter line, just half way and out of bounds)
- 2 halves of 12-15 minute running time, 2-5 minute haf time break.
- goalies can not shoot or go out past half pool.
for more info about our club go to: